Ford’s tips on how to keep car interior tidy
By Theodore Opara
DRIVERS now spend more time in their cars than ever, as a result, stuffs like mobile phones, pens, sunglasses, wallets, tissues, and loose change are common features in their cars.
Clutter like cans and plastic bottles may look innocent enough, but when the car is in motion these items can roll forward and lodge under the brake or accelerator pedal, in the process preventing the driver from operating the vehicle properly. Loose items on the dashboard can also fly about and cause caused the driver to lose concentration on the road.
Ford Motor Company offers motorists the following handy tips on keeping their cars free of clutter and safer for the driver and passengers:
- Keep an errand basket on the floor or in the booth. This basket is for the “to do” items you need to take care of during the day, be it taking clothes to the dry cleaner, collecting a parcel from the post office, or getting groceries from the supermarket. This will keep all these miscellaneous items organised in one place.
- Trash is inevitable as we spend so much time in the car. Have a ready supply of plastic grocery bags in the car to keep used tissue paper, sweet wrappers, and empty cans stored. Empty the trash when you refuel or when you arrive home.
- If you eat in the car, make sure you vacuum stray crumbs or deal with messy areas right away. This will help keep your upholstery and carpet in tip-top shape. Keep a pack of baby wipes in the glove box for cleaning up an unexpected spill or wiping sticky hands before they smear your car’s interior.
- Declutter when you get home every evening. Do not just shuffle the miscellaneous items and trash from one part of the car to another but deal with each item as soon as you touch it. Picking up after yourself (or your kids or pets) daily will prevent a mess from building up.
- Every car should have an “essentials box” in case of an emergency. Items include drinking water, high-energy snacks, a flashlight and extra batteries, jumper cables and so on. Pack them properly into a box with a well-fitting lid and keep it in the booth.
The best way of keeping the family vehicle looking ship-shape is to get familiar with all of the car’s storage capabilities, and use these wisely. Cars like the Ford EcoSport were developed with 20 smart special storage spaces car passengers need for their everyday items. Drivers can use these storage spaces to place coffee cups, laptops, handbags, sunglasses and USBs. This helps to keep items out of the way allowing the driver to focus on the roads.
Keeping your car clean and clutter-free can take time and discipline. But if you already have a vehicle that houses your belongings neatly and safely, you’re well on your way to a car interior that even mom would approve of.
- Previous All-new Hyundai Sonata with high-end features unveiled
- Next Warri Education college holds Alumni congress