State exco cannot sack aspirants – UPP

No Rating

By Vincent Ujumadu

THE national leadership of the United Progressive Party, UPP, yesterday, reversed the decision of the acting state executive of the party which on Tuesday announced the suspension of its two governorship aspirants, namely Chief Chudi Offodile and Chief Osita Chidoka, saying the state executive lacked the power to suspend them.

The Dr. Sylvester Igwilo-led state executive had leveled allegations against the two, who are the only governorship aspirants of the party for the November 18 election in Anambra State and said they were suspended for anti party activities.

Chidoka, Offodile get reprieve

Senseless rebellion

But at a press briefing in Awka, the national publicity secretary of UPP, Chief Ogbuehi Dike, described the action of the state executive as an unfortunate and senseless rebellion by some misguided members of the acting State Working Committee.

Ogbuehi said that the Anambra executive remained dissolved, adding that in addition to constituting a caretaker committee for the state immediately to take control of affairs of the party in the state, the affected officials would face a disciplinary action.

He also announced that the planned UPP governorship primary scheduled for Saturdaywould still be held because the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had already been contacted.

According to him, both Offodile and Chidoka had been screened and cleared by the NWC, assuring that the party would follow strictly the guidelines for the primaries.

He denied the allegation by the dissolved Anambra State executive that money exchanged hands at the national level, insisting that the allegations were aimed at causing distraction in UPP.

The post State exco cannot sack aspirants – UPP appeared first on Vanguard News.

Tags

0 thoughts on “State exco cannot sack aspirants – UPP”

Leave a Reply